[Lofarpwg] LOFAR2.0 PSR/FRB/Fast Transients EoIs

Joris Verbiest joris.verbiest at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:54:29 UTC 2021

Hi Cees,

Just to quickly point out that I don't think I agree.

I do agree that scientifically there is a match with some of the science
goals of the monitoring campaign and those of the long-track census; but at
the same time a major goal of pulsar surveys is exactly charting the
population of source out there -- meaning that there is an excellent
scientific match there as well.

Also, in terms of required observations, the survey and the long-track
census are perfectly matched, whereas the difference with the monitoring
campaign could not be larger.

So I personally very much think the long-track census would be a logical
part of the survey EoI -- but not of the monitoring EoI.

Cheers,

Joris