[Lofarpwg] LOFAR + Apertif FRB paper

Joeri van Leeuwen leeuwen at astron.nl
Tue Dec 15 19:02:01 UTC 2020

Dear fellow PWG-ers,

Attached is a paper we submitted today and which will appear on arxiv
later tonight, which you may find interesting. During simultaneous
Apertif-LOFAR observing, we (Inés Pastor-Marazuela et al.) saw R3 at
both frequencies. But never at the same time. The Apertif 1.4 GHz
detections generally occur earlier in phase, the LOFAR 150 MHz
detections later. Together, we find these data disfavor binary wind
models as an explanation to the periodicity of R3. Check it out,

Best,
Joeri