[Lofarpwg] MSP DM variations with LOFAR -- invitation for co-authorship

Joris Verbiest joris.verbiest at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:11:04 UTC 2020

Dear all,

About a decade ago, we started the long-term pulsar timing campaign with
one of the main aims being the monitoring of interstellar dispersion
towards PTA pulsars. This big effort is now finally bearing fruit: the
attached paper describes this work and our main findings; and will be
submitted by the end of next week (unless we get a good reason not to).

Since this project was one of the main science projects that the PWG set
out to accomplish, it follows that everyone who contributed significantly
to the commissioning of the pulsar side of LOFAR (i.e. essentially anyone
who has been a long-standing and active member of the PWG) is invited to
sign on as a co-author.

So if you could please, at your earliest convenience but at the very latest
by next week Thursday, get back to Julian (CC) with your claim to
authorship (if you want to be included: we will only include people as
co-authors if they send Julian a direct and explicit statement to that
effect); any comments you may have on the text (changes will still be
implemented in the course of this and next week); and any acknowledgments
you deem to be appropriate but missing, that would be highly appreciated.

Apologies for the relatively short notice. If you deem an extension to the
abovementioned deadline justified, then please let us know and we'd be
happy to relax our submission plans.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Joris & Julian